Patricia Field - Styling History

22:41 Susana Rodrigues 35 Comments

1
1
1

Patricia Field was born in New York and raised in Astoria, Queens, to greek and armenian parents, after they immigrated there from Greece and Istanbul respectively.

1


1

Field met Sarah Jessica Parket during the filming of 1995's Miami Rhapsody and Sarah became so enchanted with Field's collections that they became friends.

1
Before beginning the first season of the Sex and the City tv series, SJP asked to have Field design some of the clothes that her character would wear.
1


1

During Field's tenure as costume designer on Sex and the City, the show became famous for the fashions showcased.

1

1

For her work on Sex and the City, Field was nominated for 5 Emmys, with one win, and nominated for 6 Costume Designers Guild Awards, with 4 wins.

1


1
1
Styling Sex and the City: Patricia raised the standards for the world of television glamour when she costumed Sex and the City, the most fashionable show in television history. Critics praised her run with Sex and the City’s stunning and always entertaining costuming, as it was a large part of the show's status as a cultural phenomenon.

1

Here are some of the looks Patricia styled:

1
1

Carrie

1
1
1 1
1

11
1

1

1

1
1

1

Miranda

1

1
1


1

Samantha
1

8 1
Charlotte
1

1
1
1

1
1

Patricia Field, also costume designer for The Devil Wears Prada, dressed the film’s star Anne Hathaway and the rest of the cast in vintage haut couture outfits which were then auctioned for charity.

1

1
1

1
1
1
1

1
1

1

1

1
1

1 1


1
1


1

1

1

My favourite clothing and accessories by Patricia Field

1

Patricia, besides having her own brand of clothing and accessories, sells pieces by other designers.

1





1


1



1


1



1


1



1


1




1



1


1


1



1


1



1
1

Patricia Field - As seen on

1


1


1

1


1


1

1

1

1
1

Must haves- HBO Online Store

1

1
1

Since this post is about Patricia Field (Sex and the City stylist) and my last (and long) post was about Sex and the City Movie, I've decided to "take a walk on memory lane", again, and add some photos of Carrie's, Samantha's, Miranda's and Charlotte's apartments.

1

1
Carrie's
1
33

1
1


1
1

1
1

Charlotte's

1

1

1

1

1
1
1
Samantha's

11
1

1111

1 1
1

1

Miranda's

1

1

1

1

1

1
1
1
1

35 comentários:

great post! who didn't love satc??? :) however, I do not care much about her own designs:)

Ondo Lady said...

Lady, you are obsessed and who can blame you.

Trendini said...

love love love this post...Pat Field is fantastic, love that striped black, red and white clutch...love that you showed their apt's...I am so nostalgic...apparently, just like a great ex boyfriend, you miss it (the show) so much more when it is gone and wish you appreciated it more when it was playing every frikin week!

Theresa said...

I didn't realise she was the stylist for the devil wears prada, I'm not the biggest Sex and the City fan, however I love carrie's style :)

Personally, I didn't like the clothes in The Devil Wears Prada. I thought it was boring and Banana Republic-ish.

My favorites are the clothes Carrie wore during her relationship with the Russian artist. The clothes that season was sublimed.

Hi all :)

Ondo lady:
yeah I'm obsessed lol I have this "thing" for SATC hehe

Asian Models Blogger:
I didnt like all the outfits from "The Devil Wears Prada", but some I find very stylish and cute!I also agree with you, the last season of SATC has the best outfits ever! Carrie looks amazing in that last series, I adore her dresses and outfits!

Thank you all for commenting :)
Luv

Ana said...

fabulous post
<3ana

I love that patricia has personal style down to a tee but not just for one look. Being able to come up with personal styles for all of those very different personalties and characters is takes true talent. love.

Wow, what an awesome post. Patricia Field is amazing. I love all the looks that she styled.

-S said...

seeing all the SATC stills brings back memories. and, makes me fearful about the movie. just HOW can they top the last SATC episode? well, the last two really, and from the spoilers leaked on the internet, i'm doubting the movie.

Bojana said...

I loved the devil wears prada!

LML said...

ok now i am officially obsessed with patricia! i never knew about the mastermind behind all those fantastic costumes!
SUPER POST!

Candid Cool said...

o the apts! carrie's & miranda's were my favorites

coco said...

i love her
her shop is amazing too
carrie is her best 'client' i think

Kat said...

The woman is a genious. I think Carrie's wardrobe had a big influence on the way women dress and how you can actually where whatever you want. The clothes in the final series were amazing especially Carrie in Paris, and I love that pink dress above with the jacket.
Wonderful post, makes me nostaligic!
x x x

Ah awesome post. Patricia Field pulls off designs and styles that no one else could ever come up with, crazy combinations that work. My whole first week of college my roommate and I had no cable tv so we bought a season of SATC and watched for about 4 hours straight haha. :)i love the clothes!

xoxo

G.G. said...

Love it, love it, love it!

emsie said...

i love that amazing grey dress "carrie" is wearing.

i also really liked the outfits from Devil Wears Prada!

wow, great post, so many pictures!

x

In Yr Fshn said...

Great post! Carrie's last outfit is my favorite. I didn't realize that SJP and Pat Field have known one another for so long...

Wow! Another amazing post! I love Field's work and all her looks for "Sex and the City"!

Nooooo, I made a decision not to let myself see spoilers, and I just saw Carrie in a wedding dress.

Well, I guess I did come onto your blog, ha!

Okay, if you don't mind I'll keep my eyec closed while commenting!

haaa.

bloody paparazzi technologies...

S xx

Secret Agent said...

Enough! Enough with the Sex and the City. You addict! Stop feeding the addiction!

Aretha said...

I love the way that she mixed the clothes and styles with that I-don't-matter-what-matches attitude but I-love-chic

Cris Lazoru said...

Oh Carrie's Paris Outfits were the stuff of dreams! And I would LOVE to be on your blog! I'll send you a email today, right now I'm in a bad computer: can't go into my mail!

C.

WendyB said...

Wasn't Patricia's ex-girlfriend Rebecca heavily in involved in styling SATC. I think I remember her getting a lot of credit at the beginning, like they were a team, and now she's written out of the history?

I LOVE this post!

Miss Zoe said...

Loving the satc updates! also I have tagged you! 8 random facts please....

Girl said...

I really can't get enough of Sex and the City updates!! Give us more!!!! ;-)

xox Girl and the City (in Paris)

http://girlandthecity.wordpress.com

Filó said...

Ahhhhh, amooo Patricia Fields, ela é Uber em tudo, nem sei como conseguimos viver antes sem ela e os seus figurinos em Sex and the city e O diabo veste Prada. Adoraria conhecer a loja dela, mas seria um grande prejuízo para a minha conta bancária que já não é lá essas coisasss ahahahahahaha...
kissesssss

Baby Jess said...

omg thanks for the comment!! i can't wait for sex and the city i even have the game! lol i'm obsessed, I LOVE CHARLOTTE!! i even plan on getting a king charles !

Romeika said...

Oi Su, obrigada tb por me linkar aqui!;-)

Nossa, adorei as fotos desse post!!!! Adoro os figurinos de "Sex and the City" e "Devil Wears Prada". Amei principalmente as fotos dos apartamentos das protagonistas. Mal posso esperar pelo filme!

beijos.

Your site has won a Blog of the Day Award (BOTDA)

Award Code

Thank you,

famous quotes

FT said...

I want Carrie's foyer, bedroom and closet with Samantha's bathroom and Miranda's kitchen. Oh, the perfect apartment <3.

I absolutely adore your blog! Thanks for linking me :) I appreciate it

XOXO
FT

Patricia is such an amazing stylist, I admire her so much!

Izzy said...

amzaing post!
would you mind trading links?